Seeing a doctor that specializes in family medicine can be a great solution to help you treat and identify conditions that are not life-threatening or don’t require urgent assistance.
Our family doctors can help treat acute or chronic conditions based on factors that go beyond the scope of general medicine. They pose a great alternative that can help you maintain a healthy household by taking a holistic approach, rather than focusing on one type of treatment.
At Community Health Center of Snohomish, our family medicine physicians provide specialized medical attention to all members of your family. We can help you by proposing holistic approaches that take all elements into consideration in order to successfully address symptoms or ailments you or a family member may be experiencing.
What Is Family Medicine?
Family medicine is a medical specialty that focuses on providing healthcare for patients of all ages and genres. This branch of medicine revolves around creating and maintaining a caring relationship with patients and their families. At Community Health Center of Snohomish, our family doctors look at biological factors, social and psychological components, clinical elements, and behavioral sciences to provide long-lasting solutions for our patients.
Our family physicians can help you receive medical attention for:
- Routine and chronic medical problems (diabetes, hypertension, asthma, etc.)
- Diagnosis and treatment of new medical problems
- Yearly physicals
- Women’s healthcare
- IUD placement
- Prenatal care (some locations)
- Newborn check-ups
- Routine child check-ups
- Geriatric care
- Skin biopsies
- Minor office surgeries
- Joint injections
Many parents and heads of house are not aware of the benefits of having a family doctor and tend to use the emergency room as the first point of access for medical attention. However, the ER was designed for emergency, one-time situations.
Finding a reliable doctor that specializes in family medicine will guarantee you are getting tailored healthcare for you and your family.
Benefits of Having a Family Doctor
There are numerous benefits of having a family doctor that provides medical care for your entire family whenever you need it. These include, but are not limited to:
- Care for all members of your household: Family doctors are qualified to take care and provide assistance for a huge age group, ranging from young children to the elderly. If you or any of your family members are in need of medical assistance, a family practitioner is a great first point of contact.
- Individualized attention for your entire family: Besides being able to provide medical attention to people of all ages, family medicine physicians also provide tailored and individualized solutions for your entire family, keeping all current and historic influential factors in mind.
- Treat chronic conditions, such as diabetes and asthma: Family members that suffer from chronic conditions such as diabetes can greatly benefit from specialized, ongoing treatment at a family medical practice.
- Create long-term plans of action: Instead of simply providing a solution to the symptoms, our professional family physicians can help create long-term plans. These can even involve lifestyle changes to achieve the right results and treat the root cause of a condition or problem.
- Extensive knowledge of medical history: Family physicians are aware of your medical history, and if they have been treating your family for a while, they may even consider genetics, medical history, and life cycle factors when treating or diagnosing an illness.
- Provide high-quality, local referrals: Not only can they provide general medical assistance, but family physicians can also refer you to local specialists. When you need to see a specialist for cancer, heart disease, neurological conditions, or any other serious concern, a family doctor can help you find a specialist that has the right skills and personality type for the job.
Finding a Reliable Family Medical Center
Finding a reliable family medical center should be on everyone’s priority list. At Community Health Center of Snohomish, our family doctors and physicians provide medical care to people of all ages. From young children right down to grandparents, our team of medical professionals can help you and your family by providing basic medical assistance or referring you to a specialist.
You can get in contact with us by giving us a call at 425-789-3789 or by visiting one of our multiple locations. Get in touch with us today!